Passengers must be in good health. Passengers below the age of 18 need parent permission to fly,or the parent must fly with them.
Requirements for Flight
What to Bring For Your Flight
Other Important Information
• Age, Mobility & Weight: Minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian. Adults are required to sign waivers for both themselves and accompanying minors. Passengers should be fit to stand for several hours (we recommend you test your fitness by jumping from the height of 2 stair steps and landing safely). No casts or braces, recent sprains or surgeries or related procedures. A minimum height of 4′ 6″ is recommended for viewing opportunities. $1 per pound is charged for passengers over 225 lbs. Your boarding pass includes your provided weight information.
• Pregnancy: Unfortunately, individuals who are pregnant are prohibited from flying.
• Food, Drink & Restrooms: Food and drinks are included. There is also a personal chef breakfast available at the Rib Shack for an additional fee, prepared by Chef Andrew (who might even be your pilot!). Champagne toast and local wines are also available. We encourage you to use our restrooms before departure to the launch site, as it will be a numbers of hours before we return to the Rib Shack.
• Altitude: We fly from ground level up to 12,500 feet above sea level, skimming through tree tops, dashing across the water or soaring up high with the birds. It all depends upon the winds. But you should not be afraid of the height. The rise is slow with little, if any, sense of quick movement. If you’ve used an elevator, you can fly.
Meeting Times, Weather & Rescheduling
• Meeting Times: Call-in times and meeting times can vary depending upon when you book your flight. When you do schedule your flight, specific times will be provided to you.
• Weather & Rescheduling: Weather plays a leading role in why we may have to reschedule your flight. Patience is key to finding the right conditions on the right day for the best flight experience. Wind, clouds, fog – everything plays into the decision of whether to fly or not. We understand it can be inconvenient, frustrating or disappointing, but safety is our number one priority, and so is your enjoyment.
Payment is due in full at the time of booking. Call us to see what flight days and times are available. Scheduling for the 2021 season from May through October will start on January 1, 2021. We do not accept discount tickets from third party vendors. Visa, MC, Amex and Discover are accepted. Tipping is encouraged for your good service.
Where to Meet Us
Your Idaho Balloon Adventure begins in Eagle, Idaho at the award-winning Rib Shack BBQ in Eagle, Idaho:
Rib Shack BBQ
395 W. State Street
Eagle, Idaho 83616
From there we travel to the launch site, depending on the wind and weather conditions. Flights usually take place in the West Ada County area, along the foothills and Boise River. We transport you to the flight and return you back to your car.